Charcoal Smoke Kills Two Friends in Jos

News Times

On Saturday morning,two friends Saminu Idris and Idris Dahiru both aged 25 have lost their lives to charcoal smoke in Gangare community of Jos North LGA of Plateau state.

This occurred around 12:30am after one of the deceased burnt charcoal so they could sleep warm because of the cold temperature of the State since Friday. They were believed to have inhaled toxic smoke from the coal which suffocated the room.

Idris Aliyu Adam, father to Saminu Idris said that the incidence is a big shock to the family and also said, ” What happened was the will of God. We love them but there is nothing we could do. That is their destiny.

He then called on residents in Jos to desist from burning coal in their sleeping room to avoid cold, saying that there are toxic charcoal in which people may not know.

Earlier on Friday, the National Remote Sensing Center had stated that the temperature in Jos have reduce to 6.9 degree centigrade from 9 which it was earlier making it the coldest state in the country.

Leave a Reply